Help Desk Representative
employment type: full-time
FCG, a veteran owned IT Managed Services Company in Arizona since 1992, has immediate opening available for the Help Desk Manager position in it's Surprise, AZ Corporate Office. The successful candidate will need to be an experienced and energetic team leader that is a self starter with great problem solving skills. Ideally, candidates should have at least 5 years of previous management experience. Relevant certifications are a plus for this position.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, requiring the use of telephone, computer, and other company provided office equipment.
NOTE: Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check, as well as a U.S. Government criminal background check with fingerprinting.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Help Desk Manager has daily responsibilities that can vary from staffing the Help Desk and monitoring performance, to special projects and marketing the Help Desk to Upper Management. The Help Desk Manager will need to learn new techniques for addressing staff scheduling, monitoring, performance evaluation, and burnout; as well as seek guidance and tips on creating and building a foundation of procedures for delivering excellent customer care.
The Help Desk Manager will also need to promote the support organization to customers and management; building the framework for a world-class customer support center, as well as how to build and retain a qualified team of professionals by addressing the importance of managing the customer support center's image and exceeding customer expectations by elevating customer care and professionalism.
In addition, the Help Desk Manager will be required to create and deliver various training programs, in order to provide the Help Desk staff the advanced skills for delivering excellent support and customer care.
The overall majority of the Help Desk Manager's job duties and responsibilities will be conducted at the Help Desk office location; however, travel may be required from time to time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Help Desk Department.
• Supervision of the Help Desk Staff.
• Identify and implement, with Management authorization, opportunities to improve current processes for the Help Desk that will yield a greater ROI.
• Develop and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity.
• Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships
• Choose appropriate technology and other resources to maximize Help Desk effectiveness.
• Maintain a qualified Help Desk team through innovative hiring and training techniques, along with FCG Upper Management.
• Implement innovative staffing and scheduling models for guaranteed coverage with greatest ROI.
• Develop a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction.
• Analyze Help Desk performance through various statistical, time-keeping, and reporting methods.
• Market the image of the Help Desk as a support group showcase that advances the Company vision and strategy.
• Availability for staffing coverage as needed, including On-call coverage.
• Create and present customer specific reports and metrics as specified in client agreements.
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Company-paid Health Insurance
• Company-paid Life Insurance Policy
• Participation in 401(k) Retirement Plan w/company match
• 5 years + Prior Management Experience (Help Desk preferred)
• Familiarity with ticket tracking software (ConnectWise preferred)
• Understanding of general Networking Administration and Windows-based PC Troubleshooting. (POS experience preferred)
• Proven ability to manage complex projects.
• Proven ability to lead a diverse team to maximize efficiency while developing strong company culture in line with company Mission and Core Principles.
• Proven experience in Process Improvement models.
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite
• Familiarity with common HR issues.